Do you have a passion for sport, performance analysis, and product evaluation?
We are always looking for highly motivated and talented people to join our team.
Please contact us with your resume or CV and tell us why you would be an awesome addition to our group.
Post Doctoral Researcher
Sport Product Testing offers unbiased and objective third-party product testing for companies who are looking for best-in-class testing and validation services. One of our key vertical markets is providing services to wearable device companies for the validation of their technologies.
We are seeking a Post Doctoral Researcher to fill the role of “Senior Research Scientist – Wearables” with the Sport Product Testing group at the Canadian Sport Institute Calgary. This is a 3-year position.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking someone to lead SPT research and product testing needs related to wearable technologies. You will lead a 3-year project entitled “Wearable Technology and the Use in Health and Sport Applications – Accuracy, Reliability, Usability and Data Analytics”.
We are looking for someone that is more than just book smart – ideally you have a blend of learnings from academia combined with practical and applied thought processes. You should be driven and have a passion for sport, health, wellness, product evaluation and data analytics. You must be a quick learner, proactive, inquisitive, articulate, and have a natural ability to multitask and prioritize within tight timelines. We pride ourselves on efficiently collecting and analyzing clean data for our clients and expect team members to be detail oriented and share our core values.
• PhD degree in human movement science or related field (biomechanics, kinesiology, exercise physiology, engineering, biomedical engineering, computer/data science)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience with functionality of consumer wearable devices, mobile apps, and web-based data platforms (e.g., Polar, Garmin, Apple, Suunto, Fitbit, etc.)
• Experience in the data science process for the collection, cleaning, exploratory analysis and model building/deployment (Machine Learning and other analytical methods)
• Experience with programing and statistical software (e.g., Matlab, R, Python, SPSS, etc.) for data processing, analysis, and visualization
• Knowledge of research methods in biomechanics and exercise physiology as related to research and product testing of sport and health consumer products
• Previous experience & proficiency with biomechanics and exercise physiology related systems and equipment is an asset (e.g., 3D motion capture cameras, force plates, IMU’s, metabolic carts, ECG, instrumented cycle ergometers, pressure insoles, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative, fast-paced, and flexible environment
• Comfortable working with human participants while collecting data using different experimental modalities
• Innovative, creative, and a general understanding and passion for the business of sports and technology
• Ability to solve problems effectively as they arise
• Comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision in the laboratory or off-site locations
• Work closely with the Project Manager (SPT) and Michael Asmussen (Assistant Professor) to execute the day-to-day product research, validation, and user testing, including data collection and data analysis to achieve the goals of the 3-year project
• Perform full data collection lifecycle including collection, processing, and analysis
• Become proficient in all data collection and analysis systems used internally, and assess functionality of new technologies and methodologies
• Troubleshoot data collection systems and critically assess quality of data
• Provide critical feedback related to methods, data collection systems, and analyses
Our search will run until September 30th, 2022. Position start date will be April 1st, 2023.
CSI Calgary is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offer equal employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance — free from discrimination or harassment because of race, religious belief, colour, gender, physical or mental disability, marital status, ancestry, age, place of origin, family status, source of income, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination under Human Rights legislation.